Friday, November 16, 2007

Hackszine.com: Fix a 360 "Red Ring of Death"

http://www.hackszine.com/blog/archive/2007/11/howto_fix_a_red_ring_of_death.h...

I was one of the “lucky” folks who experienced the RRoD early on. I was in the midst of playing Gears of War, totally obsessed with finishing the game, and ready for another battle. But no, the RRoD put a swift end to my obsession. I fought a vicious fight with Microsoft over a fee; they wanted me to pay for something that was clearly their fault, but in the end I capitulated, and paid the fee.

Damn. Defeat. I was battle weary but I wanted to play Gears of War. I know…you don’t have to say it…”wuss.”

The good news is that Micrsoft eventually relented, refunded my repair fee, and even extended the warranty on my system, but they had already damaged their brand. My 360 has worked without issue since, and for the most part the expectation of seeing the RRoD every time I boot up the XBox has faded, but it has not faded completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment