Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Dell Enlists Stars to Help You Beg for a New Notebook

http://www.yoursishere.com


I agree with Notebooks.com. I mean, yoursihere.com design is clean and tight, and I like the concept, but the execution is, well, lacking. I’m not fond of Dell’s use of shills, and badly-directed ones at that; I’ve seen these actors do good work (c’mon, ‘Boogie Nights’), but this isn’t it. Who hand-picked this star-studded extravaganza? What the hell does Estelle Harris know about computers. Watch her video, and it’ll be instantly apparent…not much.

I know that “social” is a well-worn buzzword, but I would have spun it social-style with UGC, tagging, ranking, etc. and so on. You know…”Web2.0” it. Where’s the viral aspect? Yes, you can leech email addresses from your existing mail accounts in order to send a canned video, but that’s it? Zzzz.

First the Dell Dude is waiting tables, and now this. Dude, I’m _not_ getting a Dell.


Media_httpdatatumblrcompzkgedech223dhbl5wegwvsx500png_juadugqmdjfgfqi

No comments:

Post a Comment